Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 2 June 2013

Altered Art and a fantasy fusioned box.

the finished result!
 
This was an attempt at something a bit different, using a freebie!    As you can see it started life as cigarette case.  Well as soon as I saw it I decided it was just begging to have something done to it.
 
The tin was coated with a mixture of black gesso and modelling paste to try and get rid of the texture on the tin, at the same time it was textured with a "combed" palette knife across part of it.  It was then overpainted with primary elements.  I stamped the violet on to the tin and outlined it with pebeo gold vitrail outliner, and filled it in with fantasy paint.  The leaves and circles were done freehand.  I then edged the tin with gold gilding wax, and added a bit more in places to "distress" it, and then varnished it.   (The cigarette case is marked as a "Limited Edition" - well mine is definitely a "Limited Edition" !)

before and after
 
 
 

box and lid
 
My new Sheena Douglas Floral stamps arrived this weekend, and of course I had to play.  I had this box in the Den, and decided to use that.    A crackle finish first with dark green background and  a pale blue mixed with a bit of green primary elements mixed in with it, to give a bit of variation in colour.  Daffodil stamped on to lid, and also onto a piece of card.  Painted with acrylics, and then overstamped.  A touch of gold gilding wax to the edges of the box, and also a little bit on the daffodils.  I wiped the excess wax on my fingers over the box for a bit of extra distressing.
 
 

top of lid

No comments: