Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 7 November 2013

Baking



The afternoon has been spent in the kitchen, and I have made 3 Christmas cakes.  These two are for my son's and daughter's families.  7" on left and 8" on right.  A third 9" one has just come out of the oven.  Needless to say there has been a lovely aroma wafting through the house!
 
For info they are not burnt - they are in fact very dark in colour as I use treacle and molasses sugar in the recipe.  They are in reality more the colour of the side of the one on the left.  The flash has made the tops look much lighter.
 
I don't mind that they have domed slightly as that means I have to level them, and we get to eat the trimmings before Christmas!  In fact I have done a first level of these two already.   (Well you have to check the taste/texture is ok don't you!  I can confirm that they have passed the taste test, both by me and the Man of the House!)  My cake which is the 9" one, hasn't domed so much, so  there will be little tasting of that!

No comments: