Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 16 January 2014

Slow Cooker successes and slight failure!


I am trying to be good and use my slow cooker more often.  (Well no point in being given a Christmas pressie that you asked for if you don't use it!)

Here are a couple of successes:

Rice pudding with raisins


Second attempt at bread - using a packet mix

and today was an Oops day.  I had seen a recipe for Baked Apples on the net (thought I had saved the recipe - but then could 't find it) - so did another little trawl today.   This recipe said so many hours on low (but it was too late to do that) or 4 hours on high.  However, four hours was too long - the apples had exploded when I checked how it was doing after 2 hours!

Oops!


However, as you can see all was not lost when I added a few spoonfuls of mincemeat to it, and as stewed apple it was "delish" - and there was enough to freeze for another day, when I will probably add a crumble topping to it.

No comments: