Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 15 February 2014

Faux Leather


bookmark

I have had fun today, and have been making faux leather as per an idea by Sheena Douglass.   I couldn't find my Sheena embossing folders - ovbiously in a very safe place, or up in the Den!  However, I made do with some old cuttlebug folders in my stash, that haven't seen the light of day for a long while!    I particularly like this book mark, using one of the narrow folders.

I also don't have a lot of distress inks (something to be rectified), at least not a lot of brown shades, so once again I made do with what I had - using mainly bundled sage, scattered straw, peeled paint, and dusty concord.  I also got out my Ink Duster and used some orange colours from a couple of my Big and Juicy pads.  Amazing how you can improvise!


made using a freebie folder from a goody bag

using an owl folder




owl folder again, but done twice to make a book cover

 Really loving this effect.  I have some new Sheena embossing folders on order - hope they arrive soon.  I also have some times that I want to cover with a leather effect - so watch this space!


No comments: