Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 8 June 2014

Butterflies continued


I saw a demonstration on sugar butterflies on Friday, and wanted to have a play.  Yesterday I decided to have a practice with cloud clay.  The bottom butterfly was just made by stick each of the sections on wing to each other.   The top was was made "properly" with wired wings.

Today I practiced my airbrushing on them (they were white cloud clay to start with).  I sprayed lime green down the centre of each wing, and heather on the edges, I then over sprayed them with blue.  They were a little "flat" colour-wise, so as I was in the kitchen instead of going to find the varnish, I grabbed the pearl cake spray from the cuboard.  It has given them a lovely sheen.

I could have dusted them colours rather than air-brushing, but it did give me a chance to practise my airbrushing.

Not perfect by any means, but not bad for a first attempt in a different medium.

No comments: