Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 11 July 2015

Work in Progress

I meant to have started to share this project the other day, but forgot.



Planning the layout
I have a polystyrene "canvas" that I have been wanting to play with for some time.  I made some roses and leaves from Hearty air drying clay  (ignore the colours I was just using up clay).

2nd stage

I then set to with the Powertex and some strips of t-shirt material and created the basis of the canvas

2nd stage different angle of view

Today I started on the painting using Pebeo DYNA iridescent paints and some primary element pigments mixed with Pebeo Gel

Leaves painted


Flowers painted (picture taken in sunshine)

Flowers painted (picture taken in shade)

The big dilemma now is how to finish off the material - Do I leave it black, do I paint it some sort of blue, do I dry brush it with a colour, or do I add gilding wax?    Any thoughts dear followers?

I like the black, but think it needs "lifting".  I am toying with the idea of using the Pebeo Blue/black iridescent paint.   Decisions, Decisions - so I have dipped another piece of material in Powertex and am waiting for that to dry to try out some effects on it as a sample.   Then hopefully I can finish the project.

I also have to decide what to do with the hole in the middle - I am thinking something mirror-like, but as this is probably going on garden wall, I don't want the sun reflecting on the mirror too much.    I am thinking another piece of material stuck behind with Pebeo mirror foil finish to it.  We shall see - watch this space!

No comments: