Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 2 September 2015

A little experimental canvas




A couple of weeks ago, I bought a sort of folk art mould for cake making at a ridiculously low knocked down price at Dunelm - well it would have been rude not to buy it!  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but thought it might amuse the grandchildren, if we were playing with cloud clay.

Well yesterday I caught up with a programme on Create and Craft, woith Kathryn Sturrock showing how to make a canvas with clay embellishments, and thought I might try the new mould out.

The canvas was prepared with some texture paste through some Sheena Douglass stencils (albeit the deisigns are not showing up, I should have made the paste thicker.  I then applied gesso all over the canvas and when dry I stuck on the embellishments which I had made from Hearty Clay - some from the mould and a few plunger flowers

Gesso was then applied again.  When dry I applied some mica sprays over it all - and wasn't really happy with the effect - so blotted that, and out came the pink and blue Iridescent DYNA acrylics, and I just did some random "dry brushing".


No comments: