Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 5 November 2015

Crazy Quilted Cushion

My pal Sassie has been staying with me for most of the past few weeks.  She came up from Devon for our Sapphire Wedding Anniversary celebrations.  Went home for a few days and then came back up for the funeral.

During her first visit she got me to buy some calico to make a crazy cushion, and finally yesterday I got to attempt to make the cushion, under her supervision.   The first time I have done any quilting!

Work in Progress


Finished Cusion

I wasn't all that happy with the finished result.  Mainly, due to the fact that I didn't like some of the results of the top stitching, but it is the first time I have used this new machine in earnest!   Fortunately in my stash I had a flower I had made some time ago with some of the fabric I used, so I was able to strategically sew that on to cover one particular bit I didn't like when the machine threw a "wobbly".

I used to be very good at sewing in my younger days and made all my own clothes.  Quite often when my husband I were courting, I would meet him for lunch on a Saturday, nip and buy some material and catch the three o'clock train home and by the time he picked me up to go out in the evening, I would have made a new dress!.  ( Mind you with the cost of patterns and material these days, don't think I could do that now, wouldn't be able to afford the pattern let alone the material!)

No comments: