Going Green Blog Background

Monday 9 May 2016

MDF Dream Catcher



I bought this MDF dream catcher back in Februyary at Make It, Farnborough exhibition from Button-It and Craftwood Creations, and have at last got around to doing something with it.

It was gesso'ed and then painted with pebeo Iridescent Dyna paints,and Pebeo deco paints. but then I decided to apply Pebeo gilding wax to it - gold on the ring and words, and silver on the "strings".

The feathers were painted with a pale cream and white and then over-painted with a white and a gold fantasy paint with a kebab stick, and finished off with some Maimeri Iridescent paste and Glassy Gel mixed together. .

I then added to the feathers to some eye pins which have various hematite and bronze "pear fnish" beads added.  (Unfortunately the last little feather had a very delicate hole on it, and broke, so I stuck it on to the strings.  Finally I added some flat back pearls.

The picture I took tonight hasn't really done it justice - I shall have to find a whit background to photograph it in the morning.

No comments: