Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Rusty Heart and Crackled Heart


At last my media paints and bits and bobs have arrived from Hochanda, and I have had a little play using one of the greyboard hearts that came in the kit.

I first painted the heart with paynes grey and sprinkled salt into it, which when dry gave a pitted look.  I then went over with some of the grunge media paints - a blue and a green and then finally went over it with the quin gold (which is actually red).    Love, love, love these paints they are beautifully translucent and I was really pleased with the rusty finish,   

Can't wait to try out more of the elements that came in the kit and do some steampunk art, which is slightly out of my comfort zone, but do admire the effects.  So watch this space.




I also purchased some of the different mediums.  I painted the whole heart with red paint, and then applied antiquing cream to the bottom half.  The top half of the heart was double crackled, with weathered wood and crackle paste, and painted yellow.   I could have done with applying the weathered wood a bit thicker, as I didn't quite get the depth of crackle that I wanted - will obviously have to play a bit more.

I then removed the antiquing cream with a baby wipe and stencilled the design .  I think next time I will do a resist technique for the stencil or some texture paste.   However, I was only playing and getting used to the products.

Finally I used some green paint and with a stencil brush applied some colour over the crackle paste effect.

No comments: