Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 29 October 2016

Time Travel Card




I treated myself to the new Sheena Douglass Time Traveller stamps, and had a play for a card for a pal this week.

I stamped the balloon, and inked it with Stazon Stone Grey.  I then put it back in the die and embossed it.   It was coloured with Memento ink, in various shades of purple and green, and grey for the shadow on the netting.  I then highlighted the purple part with a purple glitter pen, and the green with the clear overlay glitter pen.

The "machine" was  coloured with various shades of brown and orange, with highlights applied with gilding wax.

I created the background with a wash of various Memento inks and then gave it another wash with the overlay glitter pen.  Hopefully it looks a bit like a sunset, which was what I was aiming for!

The whole card is very glittery, albeit it doesn't show in the photo!

The sentiment was stamped in black Stazon and given a wash of yellow memento ink.

Everything was then mounted on red pearlescent card, and then onto a pale cream pearlescent card   I also added a peel-off for the persons age (although this isn't shown in the photo -  just in case they happen to see this blog before receiving the card!).


Part of the insert for the card, using the clock background stamp and
the clock face die


No comments: