Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 1 November 2016

80th Birthday Card


My daughter is so busy at moment she hinted that if I had time I could make a card for her husband's aunt's 80th birthday, as she didn't think she would get around to making one.   

Well  ........ it's like this I treated myself to the Crafter's Companion Gemini machine (an electronic die cutting machine), as I am suffering with a very painful arm, which they now reckon is a frozen shoulder, and I was having trouble turning the handles on my other diecutting machines ......  of course I had to have a play with the machine when it arrived didn't I?

So I made this card using the freebie dies that came with the machine.  (By the way I love this machine).

I painted the background with various Memento inks and a smidgen of water to blend them, and then went over it with the clear sparkle overlay pen and some water - don't you just love the shine?

The die-cuts then had more of the clear sparkle overlay applied, with a smidgen of highlights added, by mixing with some of the background colours.

I don't use a lot of die cuts - although now with the new machine I intend to.  Am quite pleased with the finished result using just a few simple dies.

Right I had better get off here now and sort out a suitable insert (yes back to CAP2 for that one).

No comments: