Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 6 November 2016

A "First"


As you know I normally post craft stuff, but just had to share some personal photos today.  Being the first Sunday in November, it was the Veteran Car Club run from London to Brighton, or as most people know it - The "Old Crocks".

It was a lovely morning, so my daughter asked if I would like to go.   Of course the answer was yes. I went last year with my pal who was up staying from the West Country as she had never seen it before.

We always used to watch it when we first moved to Sussex, going then with my parents and my brother as the cars passed the top of our road.   Later of course I went with my pals, and then my husband and our children.   I hadn't been for a few years, mainly because if we were free to go it had invariably been a horrid wet day.

They changed the route for a few years, but last year they had it going through the centre of Crawley and along the High Street.  It was the same this year.

We had a great time - the cars were coming thick and fast.   The Scouts had a stall selling hot coffee, burgers and bacon rolls (the coffee was most welcome as although it was sunny it was a tad chilly - even though we were well wrapped up), and a jazz band was also playing in part of the high street.  A great atmosphere as you can imagine.

We saw the oldest car built in 1895, also the one that was the car in the film Genevieve, and the Harrods car with Jodie Kidd in it (though confess we didn't know it was her until later!)   The old coaches being driven by celebrities in aid of Children in Need also stopped opposite us.

Anyway here are a few pictures from the day.

The oldest car on the run


Had to share this one - this lady's huge crocheted poppy was gorgeous
(see had to include something crafty - lol!)


The Jazz Band

The highlight for my daughter and I was being able to have our photo taken sitting in one of the cars - so an "Old Crock" got to sit in an "Old Crock"  "

An old crock and her daughter!


Details of the car we had our photo taken on









No comments: