Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 14 March 2017

An Easter Card


Had a little play with a technique  being used on the Card-io demo on tv today.  I didn't have their stamps, but used my Leonie Pujol stamps from my stash.   I stamped using Memento inks.

Masked off the cross shape and just stamped randomly around the shape.   When I removed the tape - rather than keep the cross white, I decided to apply some lemon Memento ink to the area, giving it some shading, I then applied clear sparkle overlay to the cross (which is why the photo makes it look a bit "muddy" though it isn't in real life).  Some blue Memento was then brushed around the edges.

Some dots with a quickie glue pen were randomly applied to the flowers and some unicorn sparkle added.   Then some purple DecoArt Paper Effects was applied for the centre of some of the flowers.

I then stamped a DaliArt butterfly onto copy paper and coloured it in and added sparkle overlay, and raided my stash for a peel-off sentiment.

I shall try this a technique again and hopefully produce an even better result.

No comments: