Going Green Blog Background

Friday 30 June 2017

Another Fairy Door



You may recall back in September last year I made a fairy door.  Well my youngest granddaughter really fell in love with it, and wanted to take it home.  I promised to make her one, and at last I have got around to finishing it.



This is the door bought from the Works (see further down for the actual product).  I removed the hinges and latch.  I then used a stencil for the surround and applied Pebeo concrete paste.   This was then painted with a light grey and then various shades of grey, cream and green was applied with a sponge to create the stone effect.

The door had various brown distress inks applied to it with a little water, and then I sprinkled some UTE powder on it (Ultra Thick Embossing powder), which I heated to create the worn look.  Finally some more distress ink was applied over the embossing powder - actually I used Violet!  I then re-attached the hinges and latch.  (It remained in this state for a while - I think I actually posted a work in progress some weeks ago!)


Another View

Today I made the flowers and foliage.  I confess I had to look back at my original post last year to remember how I did them - oops!    The Flowers and larger leaves were die cut from Sheena's anemone set; the fern and smaller leaves were Sizzix dies.

I stamped the leaves with versamark and then embossed them (didn't do this last time - shame I didn't realise could have saved time!)  I then painted everything with various Pebeo Dyna paints.  Then having read last year's post, I applied a little Pebeo Mixtion Relief on the petals and leaves and drag it in to the centre with a paint brush.  When dry I applied silver and gold mirror foil.

I painted a few shells from my stash (they either came from The Works or The Range - I forget). Finally the flowers etc were assembled and some little gems applied to the Centres (Crafty Crocodiles).

Hopefully I have a happy granddaughter now and there will be no nagging (at least for a while until she sees something else I have created and want the same!)

the original door from The Works

No comments: