Having fun working on this Christmas Hearth. Fortunately, although it came without the instructions that were supposed to be in it, I managed to use the snipping tool and save the relevant bits from the demonstration!
As you can see I have started to paint it - as some of it needed painting before I did the final gluing together. The front will also have brickwork effect on it.
Here is a close up of the brick effect I have done so far. I shall add a bit more shading to it. The effect was created using pebeo sand gel and texture paste mixed together and then spread through a stencil with a palette knife.
The black was painted with black Pebeo gesso and then over-painted with Pebeo Pearl Black. I painted the flames with black gesso and then I used various DYNA paints for the irredescent effect as well a the gold sparkle paint.
So that's it so far with this project. Really pleased with the effect so far. Eventually it will have two battery operated t-lights inserted behind the top of the hearth (holes already precut in the kit for this) and it will have stocking hanging from the top of the hearth. I really am going to have fun with this!
|Christmas Eve Box in the making!|
I also bought this kit at the same time - which will be a Christmas Eve Box - and I have decided that I will cover this with paper in a snowflake design. As you can see, I have only got as far as putting it together and gluing it!