Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Mixed Media Canvas





I have been playing with some metal items from Chocolate Baroque today.    I started with a black canvas.

I then added some black texture paste to it through a stencil with my finger.   This smudged slightly in one corner, but as it was just a random texture that I wanted it didn't matter.  I also added some dots of texture paste around the canvas, using what was left on my finger!

Whilst this was drying, a applied black gesso to the metal elements, and also applied a coat of black gesso to the canvas.

The metal items were then coloured - either with pebeo DYNA paints or some metallic lustres, (blue, greens and white frost).   The canvas then had a coat of Pearl Black Pebeo Creme paint applied to it. Then it was the fun part sticking on the embelishments using a hot glue gun, and then adding some little diamantes to the centre of the flowers

I designed the canvas as in the top picture, but it could be turned to view this way:




No comments: