Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Glass Coasters

Hi there followers.  I have been very bad and not done any blogging for a while.   I have been crafting, but have just forgotten to take photos. 


However, I did remember to take some photos of these coasters that I made the other week.   I bought the coasters back in the summer and have at last got around to doing something with them.  Originally it was going to be something with etching and painting, but I changed my mind and made these.

I used an Imagination Crafts stencil for the words using Stazon.  I then applied some pattern rice paper, which I had torn into random shapes.   Finally I used Imagination Crafts Starlight paints in a gold and turquoise colour and sponged it all over.   When it was dry I applied acrylic glaze and the little feet that came with the coasters.    Everything was done working on the back of the coasters.

I think I need some more "word" stencils - as it if I attempted to do this again with stamps - it wouldn't work and I would have to stamp the word on the "front" side.

I didn't know who would get these - but my son rather liked them - so he got them!

No comments: