Going Green Blog Background

Friday 9 March 2018

Cheese Scones (and a crafty tip).

Six made with madeleine mould and 2 freehand

A pal posted some photos of some cheese scones she had made on FB the other day ....  and you know what it is like .... you suddenly get the urge to make some!

I couldn't get over the height of her scones, as mine normally turn out like biscuits on the rare occasion I make them.    Well she gave me the tip for making them:

a) She used her Bero recipe
b) She used Dariole moulds

So I followed her tips.  My old Bero book didn't have the recipe, but I found it on line, and confess I put all the cheese in the scones and added extra for the tops.   I didn't have dariole moulds, but I had a six-space silicone madeleine mould (so my scones have slightly fluted edges).   Obviously I had enough mixture to make 8 rather than six, so I shaped the remaining mixture into "Dariole" shapes!

Ready to eat!

The were scrumptious!

There is a further story, as another pal saw my photos, and she ended up making some as well!    We seem to have started something!

Let me know if you end up making cheese scones - lol!

No comments: