Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 21 July 2018

One Finished Barge


Well the first barge is painted (and even has a name).    I confess I changed my mind on the colours to paint it a couple of times.


As I mentioned before I painted the barge with Powertex, and then gave them a coat of white gsoo.  I commenced the painting with various acrylic paints (Makes include Amsterdam, Hobbycraft, Pebeo, IndigoBlu and Pentart.)



I created the flower containers, jug and bucket from FMM Air Dry clay, and then painted them. 


The "rope" came with the kit.


The decoration was painted with miniature ball tools, using the paint fusion technique.


and finally I gave it a name ... although I think I should have called it the Elena Dawn , which would have been a bit more "classy"

I have to admit that I am pretty pleased with the result, considering my eyesight isn't great these days as I am awaiting a cataract operation,

No comments: