Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 20 October 2018

Another Anniversary Card




This was an experiment after I watched a demo by Maria from Clarity Stamps on Hochanda, where she used a die on double sided sticky paper and adhered it to a glass jar, and then sprinkled glitter over it.

I decided I would try the idea on a card ........ perhaps I should have tried a less complicated and intricate die, as it was a time consuming and interesting task to get the backing papers off the cutout.  Not helped by the fact that I couldn't find my proper Clarity double-sided sheets, so had to use my roll of double-sided adhesive, which only has backing on one side - so I used baking parchment on the other side to run it through the gemini.  (As I type this in hindsight I realise I should have used waxed paper - not to self try that if you have to do it again).  Even so it was still tricky to get the sheets from the centre fine parts.

I persevered however, and managed to get it stuck on to the card and glittered with the blue pergamano glitter.  (Although I think there were a couple of little bits where the backing paper didn't come off completely, so a smidgen of glue was used to encourage those to stick.)

Being basically white on white and a rectangular shape on a square card, I decided it needed something else, so added some die-cut flowers out of mhy Clarity Shenandoah parchment pad, and added some pearl Nuvo drops to the centres.

The card is for my daughter and her husband, and she knows I often practice new techniques on cards for the family!

No comments: