Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 21 October 2018

Out Of My Comfort Zone



I was playing with my new India Inks.    Watching a demo - Lou Withers just said splodge them on and see what happens - so I did ....

I dropped the inks on to my art journal, which I had previously dampened with water.  I then sprayed with more water and also added some isopropanol and let the inks do their own thing.

When it was dry I could see faces in the painting, so I highlighted them with white pen or black pen.


To be truthful, I thought it was rubbish, but gave myself a brownie point for effort - lol!

An arty friend loved it and encouraged me to post it on my FB page, as she said it was the sort of stuff she learned to do in art college.  I also posted on a group I belong to - and member of the group (a complete stranger to me) said she loved it so much she wanted to buy it!   - well knock me down with a feather!  I couldn't believe what I was reading.

So apparently to some it is rather good - but I am still not sure.  Mind you the more I look at it, the more images I can see - so perhaps it is work in progress.  (Picasso eat your heart out - lol!_

No comments: