Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 1 July 2010

No 2 Granddaughter's card!

I had no.2 granddaughter for an hour or so this morning, whilst her mum took her sister for an appointment at the hospital.  Of course we had to do Craft! 

 

She wanted to do some stamping, and I decided to risk letting her loose on the Lyra aqua crayons and my best koi waterbrush!   My son had told me that she was getting very good at colouring in.  She is only 4 years old, and I reckon she did a good job.   She was so delicate with her painting, and mixing the colours on the old stamp block.

Well I am really proud of her finished result!   she stamped the image and painted it (should add here that it was stamped with Memento rather than Versmark and still she managed not to get the outline to run!)

I cut out the image when finished and the mirri-card - with her help using my x-cut guillotine - confess Nanny was a tad nervous, but she understood that it was very sharp, and I positioned the card and she cut it (yes we both still have our fingers in tact!)  She then used the tape-pen and mounted the image etc on a square card and raided my butterfly stock for the finishing touches and then stamped "hand-made by" on the back.

Her Christmas pressie is now sorted - set of lyra and some koi brushes!

No comments: