Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 29 March 2014

Pom-Pom Blanket

I kept seeing people's pom-pom blankets on FB, and really wanted to try one.  You rally need a loom, but I had an inspiration as I only wanted to make a little one for granddaughter's dolls, and used my macrame board! As you will see it worked!



the start

My first attempt was ok, but the pom-poms weren't very full ....

First attempt
 ....  I discovered that I needed to use two balls of wool together to make it thicker.  I only had one ball of each colour - so used one strand from outside of the ball and one from the inside!


Second Attempt

Second attempt is more like it.  Pleased with that.  Think I shall now have to make myself a loom to make bigger ones.  These blankets are right up my street - they require NO knitting!   Hubby suggested I make a bath mat next!

No comments: