Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 18 May 2014

continuing the theme ....

Following on from the pencil holder, I painted this door hanger for No. 2 granddaughter today.  I painted another scabious, and then added letters from The Works, which have little flowers embellishing them using my new foils.  The  centre of the flower is also foiled.

I wasn't sure what to put on the back, but as her wall art stickers has some butterflies on them, I used one of Sheena's butterfly stamps and sentiment.  Stamped in stazon, and the butterfly was painted with Luminarte H2Os.  She is a bit of a dreamer, so thought the sentiment was apt.




reverse side

I then did one for the youngest two (who share a bedroom at the moment) - using some freebie Lavinia stamps that came with a craft magazine (oh ok, I'll fess up -  I purchased the magazine so I could get the stamps !).  I originally stamped the fairy in acrylic paint mixed with gesso, using a brayer to apply the paint. However I wasn't really happy with the effect, so I stamped it again with stazon to create a shadow effect - love the way the wings are pink.   The letters were from The Works, painted with acrylic and gesso and then decorated with liquid pearls.


I did paint the reverse side, and painted some pretty paint fusioned daisies but putting the finishing touches to it I mucked it up - so I can't share that as I shall have to repaint it !

Thanks for popping by.

No comments: