Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 16 August 2016

3D Fairy Doors

I had lovely fun painting these.  I normally paint with gesso first on MDF, but on this occasion I just used Pebeo acrylic paint directly - apart from the doors.

The effect on the doors was an experiment based on a demo by Ali Reeve.  I used Distress ink pads on the doors - having put a little acrylic paint on the "striped" section.   I then sprinkled on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heated it up, and then applied more distress inks of various colours (there is even purple on them believe it or not!)  I love the effect of the one layer of embossing powder.



I made a little skirt for the fairy using chiffon and my special soldering iron for material.

  Here are a few views of the completed fairy door in various locations!  (oh yes and I sprinkled a little flower soft on the base.)







I then tackled the Christmas Elf, using the same techniques:



and some more photos taken in different locations - outside my den, and at the base of one of our oak trees.






No comments: