Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Fabric Painted Bag


I treated myself to this owl stamp recently from Blockwallah.   (My family are a bit owl mad so knew it would be put to good use - just have to make sure that it doesn't leave the house and find its way into the hands of my daughter and eldest granddaughter! lol!)

I was watching a programme on Hochanda where they were painting on fabric and it inspired me to have a go with a similar idea.

The only bag I had in my craft stash was a Hessian one - so the image is more subtle than on a white background, but hey ho - work with what you have got.

I masked off the area, and then mixed some acrylic paint with Decoart fabric medium for the background in gold and gold with a beige added.  I dried this and then using proper fabric paints, I stamped the owl and the leaves.  Then using a paint brush and more fabric paints, I coloured in the owl and added a few more leaves by hand.

I felt that the image didn't stand out enough from the hessian, so I carefully moved the masking tape, and re-positioned it, and with a sponge went around the edge with more fabric paint.



close up of design

I have some stencils on order for an owl and some toadstools - so watch this space for when I tackle the other side!

No comments: