Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Christmas Eve Box

Finished Project

Sorry for all the Christmas project postings, but it has been so nice the last couple of days, have spent my time in the garden painting.

First build your box
My first job was to give the box a thin coat of white gesso, and then paint the inside of the box and lid, and edge of lid and the corner edges of the box, in case the paper didn't meet properly.   I used a blue deco-creme paint, and then went over it with pearl paint,

Next I printed off some freebie papers that a pal had created, and applied modge podge to the box to stick them on.  They then had a sanding block applied to the overhanging edges to give a neat finish.(Even the bottom of the base is painted).

I wasn't very happy with the edge of the lid, so I went over it with some sparkle kiss, and I also carefully applied a little of this to the corner edges and lip to the box.

another view

The next job was to paint the words.  I started to paint the letters, but wasn't quite happy with the result, so changed my mind and applied gold gilding wax.   I then painted on some eXpandIT 3-D foam for the snow and details on Father Christmas.  

I painted everything with Universal Medium to seal it, and attached the words, applying a little Glossy Accents to the holly berries on the top lettering

another view showing painted inside, and top decoration
(confess when I took this photo the glossy accents on the berries hadn't quite dried)

No comments: