Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Let your dreams fly



A bit of an experiment for me today with this card.   I had a bundle of odd Indigoblu stamps that I wanted to try out, and this was one of the first I came to - and thought it would make a good man's card for my nephew.

I created the background with distress oxide stamps, using an Tim Holtz stencil to start with.  I then stamped the image with a brown Artistry Ink, and using a damp paintbrush and the leftover blue oxide on my craft mat I coloured part of the balloon.   I then added a border with a brown micron pen, and few dots on the balloon.

A little bit different from my normal cards as I don't normally do the "grungy" look, but it's good to experiment, and let's face it men don't really appreciate "pretty" cards!

No comments: