Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Birthday Cake


For once a cake I haven't made, but I have to share.   This was made by my daughter and my eldest granddaughter for said granddaughter's birthday disco party.  (So for first time in her 16 years I didn't make the cake!)

The theme was "Panic at the Disco".   My daughter knew she didn't have time to make a number of cakes to turn into a top hat, but inspiration struck and she borrowed my T-shirt pan, and used it upside down.  Worked a treat - just shows you have to think out of the box,

Rather than make a black cake (we all know how awful black icing tastes) she wisely created a purple grey, which also meant she didn't have to airbrush the cake black either in the short time she had to create it.

My granddaughter designed the cake, and even made some of the flowers, in particular the roses, as my daughter could not get on with all in one rose cutter!

The flowers and cogs were all airbrushed, having started off as white.   (This was nearly a panic situation too - more like panic in the kitchen than at the disco, as she couldn't find her airbrush, so had to borrow mine.   Not helped by the fact that I was out all day on a birthday treat with with my son's family for his youngest daughter: which meant a frantic phone call to find out where I kept my airbrush.  It took a while to get through to us as we were in the depths of the Sea Life Centre!  Fortunately I knew exactly where it was!)
I think they did a fantastic job - hope you do to.



No comments: