Going Green Blog Background

Friday 18 May 2018

Mixed Media Grungy Tool Box

One side

I suddenly realised that I hadn't posted the pictures of my little tool box, having earlier posted the work in progress photos.

Second side
I used various techniques with crackle paint, acrylic paints, stamps, distress oxides, stencils, spray inks, and crystal tints.  This is quite a deviation from my normal painting, but having been fascinated my examples of mixed media pieces, particularly those with a "grunge" them, I wanted to have a go.  It was sealed with Spray and Shine when I had finished to seal it.

One end 
The other end


With some of my tools in it 
Another view


I am quite pleased with the overall result, and if I get fed up with it - I can always apply some more gesso and start again!

No comments: