Going Green Blog Background

Monday 4 June 2018

Upcycling from this ......


........  erm looks interesting .... not



coated with Powertex and a few features added


.... here's a clue

a Fairy Door MDF kit given a coat of Powertex

and finally ......

........ a Fairy House

Yes I decided that rather than throw my poor frost damaged and useless chiminea (it would never drawn properly when you lit it), I would upcycle it into a Fairy House.

I started with giving it a coat of Powertex, and using an old dishcloth repaired the chipped opening, and then using strips of t-shirt material I made a "vine" to wind around it.   I also had an MDF Fairy Door kit in my stash, which was an almost perfect fit for the opening.

I then gave the whole thing and the stand a coat of Crystal Glitter Black Diamond paint, and added some texture and crackle paste to the fairy door and some acrylic paint.

I then made some flowers from FMM air dry clay  (oh gosh I am loving that product). and painted the flowers, leaves and some of the shapes I had already stuck on with Powertex,  with POSCA pens and acrylic pens.   These were then attached with more Powertex, as was the door.   Finally I painted the roses on the lid and on the side, and gave it a quick spray of varnish.

Ta da ..... no longer a useless bit of garden furniture, but a feature for one of the flower beds.

No comments: