Going Green Blog Background

Friday 13 July 2018

Glass Painting Experiment


I bought this little glass in Hobbycraft.   I had seen a video on glass painting, on a bottle, and having seen this item, decided to have a go.  It only cost a £1, so not to bad for an experiment.
 

So here is the finished result.   I sponged it with Starlight glass paints.  Firstly with sax blue, and then over sponged it on the raised bits with rich gold.   It wasn't a complete success as the gold caught more than just the raised bits.  However, as mentioned it was an experiment.    I want to try painting some bottles or jars, and then using a stencil over it with a different colour.

The great thing about these paints is that if you leave them to "cure" for three weeks they become dishwasher safe.   You could of course set them in a low oven for a few minutes like normal glass paints.

I am thinking that they will work on other surfaces too, and could be used outside as if they are dishwasher safe in 3 weeks, they should also be weatherproof too.   I shall of course experiment.

No comments: