Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 21 August 2018

MDF Wishing Well



I had fun with this little project.  It was another of the Clevercut models.  Whilst I was putting it together, I applied a coat of Powertex, in the hope that it made it more weatherproof. (I did post a sneaky pic of that earlier)


a glimpse of the powertex undercoat - looks awful doesn't it before the painting!



As you will see I have taken a few photos in various locations, the one below is its final resting place (for the moment).

The well was overpainted with various acrylic paints, and the base and bucket had some ultra thick embossing powder applied randomly to give a weathered look.

The roof and the inner surround to the well were covered with air dry clay using some PME mats to create the texture - cobble stones for around the well, and stone wall for the roof.   Black paint was applied to the textured clay, and then immediately wiped back with a wet wipe.  (A fantastic technique learned from a demo by Kathryn Sturrock).   I also applied a little green paint and distress oxides to create a "moss" look, which also had some UTE powder added for texture.




No comments: