Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Spooky!


This MDF skeleton arrived yesterday, and I confess I just had to start painting him.  Basically just white gesso lightly all over him.  Then I went over some of the outlines with a pencil to create some shade rubbing it with my finger.  I then overpainted the bones with white acrylic paint, and added more shading with a a little black added to the white.   I then went over him with Pebeo Phosphorescent gel.

I may need to do some more to him regarding shading, and possibly adding some more of the gel  when my eyes are better to enhance the detail, as I really want him to glow in the dark;  but I have plenty of time before Halloween.

As you can see he is quite tall - so finding somewhere to take a photo was difficult - so he got hung up on a branch of my pyracantha !

No comments: