Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 3 October 2018

A sad and happy day

Today's blog is not craft related exactly.  It is sad but also a little special.  It is my wedding anniversary, and sad because I lost my husband a few days after our anniversary three years ago,and I miss my soulmate so much;  but happy because one of my bridesmaids is coming over to visit and taking me out for lunch.   

Every Christmas we both say in our cards that we must catch up, but somehow never seem to make it.  Life gets in the way.   She was coming over last week, but Granny duties called, but the new arrangement makes it really special.    We haven't seen each other for over nearly 40 years, probably about the time I gave up work to have my son!

So I am really excited.

all those years ago! (the tallest one is the one coming to visit)
By the way I made all the dresses in the photo ... mine and the bridesmaids.

I have also made a copy of  our wedding video as a present for her, as she was saying that she had no photos of herself when younger ( I am not sure of the whole story behind that)., and was telling her granddaughter about her bridesmaid dress.     

I also did a bit of crafting  by creating a collage of photos for the label for the DVD .- I hope she likes it.

I have also lost contact with the other "grown up" bridesmaid.  She moved to Canada although we did keep in contact for a while.  The two little ones, I am in contact with regularly on FB, one was my goddaughter, and the other my niece.

No comments: