Going Green Blog Background

Monday 8 October 2018

Dead of the Dead Mask


I attempted to paint a Day of the Dead Mask.  Hopefully it isn't too bad, bearing in mind that I can't draw for toffee, and currently can't see where a pen meets paper (or in this case mdf),  and this was done freehand using some inspiration from the internet.  I used Posca pens, Starlight paints and Indigo blue paint.   I also added a little "grey" shading with distress oxides.  The teeth were overpainted with phosphorescent gel.    Finally a thin coat of multipurpose gel medium was sponged on and a little diamond frost sprinkled over the surface whilst wet.


Reverse side



The other side in case you missed it yesterday - and I have actually done a bit more to it since then - though you probably can't see that! - I gave it a thin coat of multipurpose gel medium again with a little of the sparkle added and then over-painted all the white parts with phosphorescent gel medium.
Hopefully when "charged" the paint should glow nicely in the dark.   I may be scaring the trick and treaters this year!

No comments: