Going Green Blog Background

Friday 5 October 2018

Happy Post

The Book Box

Another parcel I received yesterday was marked "Happy Post" and was a  present from the lovely Lou Withers.  It contained this lovely MDF Book Box containing 6 ATC sized grey boards.   This little present came with the proviso that I decorate it and post pictures on the Junk Journals and Mindful Art Facebook page.

Obviously I am accepting the challenge, and my mind is in overdrive as to how I will decorate them.  I did sit and make up the box this morning ... so have made a start.


The inside showing the ATC cards
For those that follow my blog and do not know what ATC stands for; it stands for Artists Trading Cards.   These are normally playing card size, made of card, tand show off the artist's work.  They are quite often made in a group of related designs.   A sticker is put on the back denoting details of the artist, and the name of the design etc and whether is is part of a series.

Obviously being grey board these are a bit thicker - and I don't think I will put details on the back, but decorate both sides.   My initial instinct is to coat one side with white gesso and the other with black gesso, and do similar techniques, but on the different basecoats..  Watch this space as they say!

No comments: