Going Green Blog Background

Monday 15 October 2018

Robbie Robot


At least he can kneel!
Well I have finished painting the robot, albeit things didn't quite go to plan.  I got interrupted when painting him, and although I had freed up all his joints as I went - I seemed to have overlooked his hip joints.    When I went to pose him and take his photo I managed to break his hip joints.

I tried to remove his hip pin, but it was beyond repair, and knowing how difficult it was to assemble his legs, I abandoned the idea, and just took the hacksaw to the spindle and stuck his hips on.   As you can see  he can kneel, (and he can stand up straight - he just can't sit any more!)



A picture of what he looked like standing before I had finished painting him


a posed picture of him sitting before  I operated on his hips
(they aren't actually attached in this photo!)
Such a shame I messed it up.  I was a tad disappointed as he had been clear gessoed before painting to prevent paint leaking into his joints (and they all moved at this stage).     Hey ho worse things happen at sea as they say - and I did manage to remedy the situation, although not as perfectly as I would have liked.

For info he was painted with Indigoblu translucent paints (I wanted some of the detail on the MDF to show through, particularly on his body).  I then overpainted with Starlights paints - sort of dry brushing the colour on, and then added some Pebeo gilding wax on the elements that appear metallic.
His eyes were painted with Pebeo Ceramic and Fantasy paints.  (Really pleased with the effect).

No comments: