Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 20 November 2018

3D Printing



I treated my family to a 3D printer for Christmas - but of course had to try it out when it arrived (In fact this was the second one received as the first one failed to proceed so had to be returned - thankfully this one seems to be working ok)

It might not be very inspiring - but we had a little play to make sure it worked and this is what my daughter produced:  two paperclips, three cogs, a dice (though this is a bit iffy as whoever designed it didn't get the opposite sides to add up to seven - lol!) and  geometric snowflake - at least I think that is what it is called.   My daughter was operating the machine at the time, and being a mathematician it had to be something to do with mathematicsl!

Not sure whose house it is going to live in - I think it will be travelling between homes on a regular basis!   I might even get to have a play at some point, although I will need some lessons first!

No comments: