Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 8 November 2018


A few weeks ago I received a RAK in the form of a little box containing MDF blanks.   The proviso was that I did something with it.   Well Having applied some gesso almost as soon as it arrived, it has sat on my desk waiting for me to get inspired.

I had so many ideas swimming around my head I didn't know whee to start.  Inspired by a demonstration on Hochanda where the origin of ATC was explained as a show case of your art, I decided rather than go with a theme, I would try to attempt something different on all of the cards, with a little of something from all my interests and just go with the flow.  So that is the plan

The little book box was covered with some tissue (just ordinary tissue out of the tissue box, but separated and just one scrunched up layer applied with slap-it-on.  When dry more black gesso was applied

Next various metallic and Pebeo DYNA paints were sponged on.  Gold gilding wax was then applied lightly over the rough surface and around the edges of the box   A strip of washi tape applied and a peel-off from my stash.   Sitting on my desk was a die-cut parchment butterfly - so some gold gilding wax was applied to that too.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of card and rubbed the edges with pebeo gilding wax.   

I felt the box need something in the bottom corner to balance the butterfly, and inspiration struck and I made a rose and some leaves from air dry clay; coloured them with artistry inks, and a smidgen of more gilding wax.  Happy with the effect.


I also made a start on one of the ATC shapes.   I started off with shades of red, orange and yellow oxides blended in and then sprayed with water and mopped to create lighter area.  I used a Samantha K stencil and some relief paste for the top left corner and added some lines with black nuvo ink and a credit care. I then stamped the words - the black word was embossed.   I wasn't quite happy with the result so I then applied clear embossing ink and Ultra thick embossing powder of the whole card, repeating the UTEE application a couple of times for a smooth finish.   This has of course obliterated the effect of the relief paste - so I shall re-apply it and then decide what else needs to go on the card as the mood takes me.

No comments: