Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Flower Card


You may recall that I had a play with some inks and isopropyl alcohol and I loved the reulst of one play that looked like a flower (see picture below).  I have a cousin who is also a crafter that has a birthday this month, and I reluctantly parted with my image, but knew she would appreciate it.

I created a background using an Imagination Crafts Stencil, using Artistry Inks.   I cut out my "flower", and created some leaves using Spectrum Noir Metallic paints on a spare piece of the Yupo paper (as it was to hand) and then overstamped with a rose leaf stamp from Crafters Companion

By accident I discovered that if you apply a little head to Yupo paper it will begin to curl (I was trying to speed up the drying process at the time for the leaves! )  I used this to my advantage to give the leaves some "movement" and also applied a little heat to the edge of the "flower"; which made it more 3D.

Finally I added a sentiment.

The original ink and alochol excperiment

No comments: