Going Green Blog Background

Monday 3 December 2018

MDF Sewing Machine

 
Finished item

I had so much fun creating this - and am really pleased with the end result.  My origina plan was to create a white machine with turquoise flowers - and then I had some inspiration when I glued the embellishments on it, and I thought I would go with a vintage look.   So out came the black paint and the pebeo gilding wa, and my favourite marble finish spray.

Then came the fun part  creating some flowers to compliment it.  I had the idea of doing a gold, ivory and black them with the flowers   I made them all in white air dry clay to start with, and I was tempted to leave the roses white, but when I looked at it in daylight the next day, I went off the idea.  (The roses, leaves and ferns were made using the FlowerPro moulds and veiners )    -....
The white version  (as you will see from the photo above, I also added some more
mdf embellishment pieces

...... so out came my cake decorating dusts and I coloured the flowers with those.   There was also a bit of artistic licence with the use of some glitter and gold gilding wax.



I hope you like it - everybody that has seen it so far has fallen in love with it - I certainly have!

No comments: