Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 10 January 2019

Mixed Media: Decoupaged, Painted and Embroidered Panel



Really pleased with how this turned out.  I have watched the PinkImk demonstrations on Hochanda many times and have been tempted to try one.   A few weeks ago they had a bundle of various designs on sale at a silly price - so I though I would take the plunge.

The panel is about 8" x 8" with an extra little panel of embellishments.

I wet the material and then water-coloured it using Cosmic Shimmer Fabric Paints, and IndigoBlu paints for the face.  When it was dry I ironed it to set the colours.

I then painted the embellishment section and when dry I did some embroidery on it and added some beads (i.e. pearls on the bow).  Again I ironed the panel to set the colours, and  then painted a mix of pva and water to the back to strengthen and stop it fraying, so that when dry I could cut out the items.

The little elements were then added to the panel with glue.  I also did a little more accent painting, as well as adding some gems and Nuvo drops.

It doesn't show up that well in the photo, but the image is very sparkly, as I went over the whole design with Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Star Fabric paint.  (I am in love with this - the effect is similar to a sparkle pen on cardstock).

I will eventually stiffen the whole thing with either PVA and water or IndigoBlu Fabric Slap it on.  I also want to get some matching velvet ribbon for the frame (although I may paint it) to finish it off completely.

No comments: