Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 17 January 2019

Moo Cow Canvas


Finished plaque


Another Pink Ink Design.  I must admit I am enjoying doing these.   I painted the canvas and the elements (see picture below),  I used various paints - some translucent ones from IndoBlu and some from Cosmic Shimmer, with a few elements highlighted using Posca pens.

I then did some embroidery on the main canvas - outlining the circle with chain stitch and then picking out some of the grasses etc.

The elements and the canvas were ironed to set the colours and then had IndigoBlu Slap it On (Fabric) applied to seal it.

I couldn't decide how I wanted to display the canvas - pondering on whether to use another embroidery hoop, but then I decided to use a square MDF plaque.  I used some  lining material from The Mill Shop online, which was adhered to the canvas with their special bonding material.  (Confess I have forgotten its proper name).I then glued the padded canvas on to the MDF board, and created holes in the canvas with a screw punch to align with the holes on the MDF, and added some ribbon to create a hanger.

I then glued on the various elements - I found heavy gel medium excellent for this.



No comments: