Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Black & White Box


I have at last painted this box which has been sitting on my desk for a few months!   Originally I wanted it to be blue to look like Wedgewood, but I couldn't find any suitable card in my stash, and as I needed to stamp and emboss, painting the MDF wouldn't really work.   So ..... I decided to paint it to match the little one I painted a while ago.

Basically the box was painted with black gesso, and then strips of black card were cut, and a pattern stamped (John Next Door stamp) with clear embossing powder, and then Cosmic shimmer white detail embossing powder applied.   The strips where then stuck onto the panels of the box.  The handle was painted white and finally the whole thing sprayed with Spray and Shine.



No comments: