Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 22 May 2019

MDF Geode - Work in Progress


 Excuse the messy  photo - paint pouring can be a messy business.  I hope you can see where the geode ends against the mess underneath.


This was a first experiment for me.  I had tried to pour the paint in rings, but it decided to do its own thing, even though it was on a levelling table.   The colours are blue, turquoise, green, black, white and purple (created by mixing red and blue).   I used ready prepared pouring paint from the Glass Hut.

So okay it did it's own thing and I wasn't to sure about it - but I threw some glass chippings on it (from Dunelm) and hoped for the best.   I wasn't sure whether it would work or whether I would need to try and colour the glass chippings with alcohol inks first (that will be a different experiment I think).  When it is dry I will apply some clear resin over it.   It takes a few weeks for the paint to "cure" before I can resin it - so will share a picture of the finish article in due course.

I have another geode blank and that is currently drying with white gesso on it, and I shall try and pour that one with just resin  (watch this space)

No comments: