Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 22 June 2019

Finally it is finished!


At last the weather has permitted me to finish my large geode., and I am a pretty pleased with it.  The top was initially covered with an old pillowcase and white powertex, and then the outlines were created with strips of cotton,    A coating of easy varnish and pigments was then applied, as well as some easy 3D flex around the centre ring and the outside.   I also added some extra thick gel medium to start with and some crystals, but eventually added more "crystals"  (glass chippings from Dunelm) and some resin, some of which was coloured with pigment powders.

The centre stones were coloured with alcohol ink, before being set in the resin.


The back of the geode was created with old dishcloths and black powertex, and then I added some spray marble effect.   (since taking the photo I have added a touch more black and a smidgen of green in places to indicate moss).


This final photo shows the depth of the geode (which if you recall was based on a large 18" diameter polystyrene shape

No comments: