Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Hamsa Hand



Another Olifantjie MDF plaque.   This was great fun to paint - I mainly used paint pens, which made it even easier.   Tha background was done with  Pebeo green acrylic and then distressed with a couple of green distress inks.

The background of the hand (it comes in two layers (the hand and then the cut out shape).  I created a flesh tone with pink with a smidgen of yellow added.

I then went a bit OTT with gems and Nuvo drops.   The Nuvo drops are quite subtle as I used matching colours to the paints used - but it gave it a bit of texture.

I haven't decided whether I will put ribbon through the top hole, or mount it on something - in which case I shall add another gem to cover the hole.

As the elephant I showed yesterday was out on the desk - that got some extra bling with gems and Nuvo drops added as well, so am showing it again.


"blinged" up elephant

No comments: