Going Green Blog Background

Friday 5 July 2019

Celtic Tree


I got this Celtic Tree from Button-It and Craftwood Creations (oh they do have some lovely designs - do check them out).  It was great to catch up with them at Farnborough back in the Spring as there was no show last year and I do love their designs.

I have kept this very simple and just did a background with various green and brown acrylic paints, applied with a sponge.

I painted the decoration with black gesso and then rubbed Pebeo gilding wax, and to try and give some shading I used silver and gold.

I am not quite sure what colour to paint the canvas yet - possibly a light blue or a light grey.   I did think of watercolour painting it with blues and greens, but am not sure - I think it needs a plain background.  Decisions, decisions!

The kit in its "raw" state

No comments: